The Paris Yiddish Center promotes the dissemination of Yiddish culture in France and in Europe and the preservation of its heritage. It supports Yiddish as a language of culture and encourages its learning among the broad public.
A secular, open and welcoming institution, the Paris Yiddish Center offers :
– the largest Yiddish library in Europe (the Medem Library), including vast video and music collections,
– language courses for all levels, literary seminars and a summer university,
– art workshops (theater, singing, poetry, cinema, folk dance, klezmer music etc.),
– activities for children (language courses, choir, drawing workshop, performances for children and holiday activities),
– reading and conversation groups in Yiddish,
– various activities in French and in Yiddish (exhibitions, performances, film screenings and lectures),
– a bookstore and a café.